- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Omar Qureshi bids adieu to Zoom
MUMBAI: Times Television Network has announced the exit of Omar Qureshi, the editor-in-chief and creative head of the network’s Bollywood channel Zoom.
Qureshi was an integral part of the channel for over six years and had played a major role in building its unique properties. He was also the host of ‘Zooming with Omar’, a movie review show hosted by the film journalist. He analysed the latest Bollywood and Hollywood films for their screenplays, music, cast, performances and direction.
Speaking on Qureshi’s exit from the channel, Zoom VP and product head Sunder Venketraman said, “Omar has constantly driven the team to showcase compelling Bollywood content for our audiences. His contribution has been exemplary and we wish him luck and all the very best in his future endeavours.”
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, Zoom had recently laid off more than 50 staff members in a bid to ‘be number one with minimum resources’.
An internal mail, announcing the appointment of Venketraman, too stated that more organisational changes were to be announced soon.
With the exit of one of its most integral team members and the host of a popular show, Zoom seems on its way to restructure its programming strategy.
Right-sizing at Zoom