- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Nordic launch for BBC Brit, BBC Earth
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide has announced new channel launches for BBC Brit and BBC Earth. The two consumer brands will launch as linear channels in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden and Iceland from April 2015.
Building on the global strength of BBC factual entertainment and premium natural history and science programming, the new channels will be home to Britain’s stars and first-run content.
BBC Brit airs the motoring show ‘Top Gear’ with all new episodes having their Nordic premiere on the channel alongside shows featuring some of the biggest names in British TV including Graham Norton, Louis Theroux and Stephen Fry.
BBC Earth features premium factual content, from natural history series to documentaries that look at the planet from surprising perspectives.
BBC Worldwide president, global markets Paul Dempsey said, “We know that viewers in the Nordics love our content and we can now give them more of what they want with these carefully curated new channels featuring exclusive first runs of the best of British TV.”
BBC Worldwide executive VP for Western Europe Tobi de Graaff said, “These new channel brands were borne out of audience research that told us exactly what our fans want from BBC Worldwide. I am delighted that audiences in the region will now have dedicated spaces for territory premieres of Top Gear and some of the best natural history and premium factual content anywhere in the world.”
The upcoming launch will follow the successful debut of BBC First, a premium drama channel, in Australia last year and will be the second rollout of the new global brands with BBC Brit and BBC Earth set to premiere in Poland this February.
Available through DTH, DTT, cable and IPTV providers, BBC Brit and BBC Earth will be available in HD and sit alongside BBC Lifestyle and BBC HD across the Nordic market. They will replace BBC Entertainment and BBC Knowledge.