- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Nordic launch for BBC Brit, BBC Earth
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide has announced new channel launches for BBC Brit and BBC Earth. The two consumer brands will launch as linear channels in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden and Iceland from April 2015.
Building on the global strength of BBC factual entertainment and premium natural history and science programming, the new channels will be home to Britain’s stars and first-run content.
BBC Brit airs the motoring show ‘Top Gear’ with all new episodes having their Nordic premiere on the channel alongside shows featuring some of the biggest names in British TV including Graham Norton, Louis Theroux and Stephen Fry.
BBC Earth features premium factual content, from natural history series to documentaries that look at the planet from surprising perspectives.
BBC Worldwide president, global markets Paul Dempsey said, “We know that viewers in the Nordics love our content and we can now give them more of what they want with these carefully curated new channels featuring exclusive first runs of the best of British TV.”
BBC Worldwide executive VP for Western Europe Tobi de Graaff said, “These new channel brands were borne out of audience research that told us exactly what our fans want from BBC Worldwide. I am delighted that audiences in the region will now have dedicated spaces for territory premieres of Top Gear and some of the best natural history and premium factual content anywhere in the world.”
The upcoming launch will follow the successful debut of BBC First, a premium drama channel, in Australia last year and will be the second rollout of the new global brands with BBC Brit and BBC Earth set to premiere in Poland this February.
Available through DTH, DTT, cable and IPTV providers, BBC Brit and BBC Earth will be available in HD and sit alongside BBC Lifestyle and BBC HD across the Nordic market. They will replace BBC Entertainment and BBC Knowledge.