- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
No major change in news genre in Wk 13
MUMBAI: After hectic action, the news genre settled down with very little change in the pecking orders of English and Hindi general and business news channels.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban+Rural HSM
ABP News established itself as the No. 2 channel in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), replacing India TV.
The beleaguered India TV has inched back to No. 3 in Week 13 after dropping to No. 4 the week before.
Zee News fell to No. 4 while News18 India swung back into the top 5.
Aaj Tak continued to be the No. 1 Hindi news channel.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
Aaj Tak continued to lead the urban HSM, according to BARC data. News18 India replaced News Nation in the top 5.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
There was no change in the order in rural HSM, with Aaj Tak leading the pack.
Top English news channels
In the English news genre, BBC World News replaced NewsX at the fifth spot. The other positions in the top 5 remained unaltered with Times Now leading the pack.
Top English business news channels
There was a drop in the English business news viewership. But the top order remained unchanged.
Top Hindi business news channels
There was no change in the pecking order of the Hindi business news channels.