- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Nikhil Wagle to head upcoming Marathi news channel as chief editor
MUMBAI: Former IBN Lokmat editor Nikhil Wagle is set to head the editorial team of the upcoming Marathi news channel Maharashtra One.
Wagle, whose current contract with Mi Marathi as editorial consultant is ending on 31 August, will join the upcoming channel on 1 September.
“I am joining the new company on 1 September along with a few former colleagues. We will set up the team, which should take around a month and a half. So we will be ready to launch Maharashtra One by mid-October,” Wagle told TelevisionPost.com.
It is understood that many of his former colleagues at IBN Lokmat, which he had headed for seven years since its inception, have resigned and will be joining him from the first week of September. Meanwhile, journalists from ABP Majha and Zee 24 Taas are also set to join Wagle.
He said that the team would have a balanced mix of senior and freshers. “I will also start interviews in colleges across Maharashtra to scout for young talent.”
While Wagle declined to give details about the promoters of the new company, he added that the new management had promised him full support and freedom. “The new management has promised us complete editorial freedom. You will find Maharashtra One a very different channel from the competition. We will be far more aggressive,” Wagle asserted.
When asked about the team size, he said the editorial would comprise around 50 journalists across bureaus in Maharashtra and Delhi.