- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Nikhil Wagle to head upcoming Marathi news channel as chief editor
MUMBAI: Former IBN Lokmat editor Nikhil Wagle is set to head the editorial team of the upcoming Marathi news channel Maharashtra One.
Wagle, whose current contract with Mi Marathi as editorial consultant is ending on 31 August, will join the upcoming channel on 1 September.
“I am joining the new company on 1 September along with a few former colleagues. We will set up the team, which should take around a month and a half. So we will be ready to launch Maharashtra One by mid-October,” Wagle told TelevisionPost.com.
It is understood that many of his former colleagues at IBN Lokmat, which he had headed for seven years since its inception, have resigned and will be joining him from the first week of September. Meanwhile, journalists from ABP Majha and Zee 24 Taas are also set to join Wagle.
He said that the team would have a balanced mix of senior and freshers. “I will also start interviews in colleges across Maharashtra to scout for young talent.”
While Wagle declined to give details about the promoters of the new company, he added that the new management had promised him full support and freedom. “The new management has promised us complete editorial freedom. You will find Maharashtra One a very different channel from the competition. We will be far more aggressive,” Wagle asserted.
When asked about the team size, he said the editorial would comprise around 50 journalists across bureaus in Maharashtra and Delhi.