- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Nikhil Wagle quits Maharashtra1
MUMBAI: Veteran journalist Nikhil Wagle has resigned from Maharashtra1, the Marathi news channel launched by Sadhna Group subsidiary Sharp Eye Advertising, which also owns and operates Sadhna News, Sadhna Bihar/Jharkhand, and Sadhna Madhya Pradesh/Chhattisgarh.
“Yes, I have resigned,” Wagle said, confirming the news to TelevisionPost.com.
While the exact reason for his exit is not known, it is believed that Wagle’s spat with Sanatan Sanstha spokesperson Abhay Vartak during his show ‘Aajcha Sawaal’ wherein he asked the latter to leave the show led to his exit from the channel.
Maharashtra1 political editor Ashish Jadhav has replaced Wagle as the channel head. He has been designated as executive editor and is also hosting ‘Aajcha Sawaal’.
Prior to Maharashtra1, Wagle was the editor-in-chief of IBN Lokmat, which is a joint venture between TV18 and Lokmat Media. Wagle was one among the several high-profile casualties after TV18 was taken over by Mukesh Ambani.