- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Nikhil Wagle quits Maharashtra1
MUMBAI: Veteran journalist Nikhil Wagle has resigned from Maharashtra1, the Marathi news channel launched by Sadhna Group subsidiary Sharp Eye Advertising, which also owns and operates Sadhna News, Sadhna Bihar/Jharkhand, and Sadhna Madhya Pradesh/Chhattisgarh.
“Yes, I have resigned,” Wagle said, confirming the news to TelevisionPost.com.
While the exact reason for his exit is not known, it is believed that Wagle’s spat with Sanatan Sanstha spokesperson Abhay Vartak during his show ‘Aajcha Sawaal’ wherein he asked the latter to leave the show led to his exit from the channel.
Maharashtra1 political editor Ashish Jadhav has replaced Wagle as the channel head. He has been designated as executive editor and is also hosting ‘Aajcha Sawaal’.
Prior to Maharashtra1, Wagle was the editor-in-chief of IBN Lokmat, which is a joint venture between TV18 and Lokmat Media. Wagle was one among the several high-profile casualties after TV18 was taken over by Mukesh Ambani.