- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Nick pips Pogo for leadership
MUMBAI: Pogo enjoyed its leadership position for just a week. The kids channel lost the leadership spot to Nick in Week 19 of 2016.
Cartoon Network, which was No. 3 in the preceding week, slipped to the fifth position.
Hungama, which was at No. 5 earlier, climbed to become the No. 3 kids channel while Disney retained its No. 4 position.
Top 5 English movie channels
In the English movie genre, the hierarchy of the top three channels remained unchanged with Movies Now, Star Movies and Sony PIX retaining their rankings.
HBO moved up a notch during the week to reach the fourth place. Zee Studio moved a position down to occupy the fifth spot.
Top 5 movies
The top programme of the week was the movie ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ on Star Movies, followed by ‘Despicable Me’ on Movies Now. At the third sport was the movie ‘Anaconda’, once again on Star Movies.
The movie ‘Gravity’ on Movies Now was at No. 4, followed by ‘Modern Times’, a Charlie Chaplin movie, also on Movies Now, at No. 5.
Top English entertainment channels
AXN retained the top spot among English general entertainment channels, while Zee Café moved from the third spot last week to emerge as the No. 2 channel in the 19th week.
As per BARC viewership data, Comedy Central moved up a spot to emerge as the No. 3 English GEC during the week under review, from being in the fourth place in the previous week.
Colors Infinity SD and Star World retained their fourth and fifth positions respectively.
Top infotainment channels
There was no change in the infotainment genre. Discovery held on to the top position while History TV 18 came second.