- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
NGC’s new local show to showcase the grandest kitchens of India
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster National Geographic Channel (NGC) will launch a new India-based ‘mega’ series, ‘Mega Kitchens’.
The show is scheduled to go on air early next year.
In keeping with the ‘Mega’ brand (‘Megafactories’ and ‘Megastructures’) that prides in never-seen-before access delivered to the viewer, the Megakitchen series will be a unique look into what goes into the functioning of these mammoth kitchens – with a focus on scale, volume, technology and process. The show also promises to take viewers on journeys that will give them a firsthand account of the emotion, stress and fun of the people behind it all – the pressure, precision and purpose of feeding the many thousands of people on a daily basis.
The series will be covering a variety of kitchens across India. Be it a kitchen serving up to 100,000 meals a day or a kitchen catering to a fleet of airlines, the series guarantees to take the viewer right to the middle of the action. From the Golden Temple where 40,000 – 1,00,000 free meals are served on a daily basis to Khadakwasla’s National Defence Academy which houses the largest military kitchen and the Brahma Kumaris in Mt. Abu, the series promises to be a thrilling experience for info and food junkies.
NGC Networks and Fox International Channels VP content and programming Swati Mohan said “Being the front runner in the space of infotainment production in India, we at Nat Geo pride ourselves in creating content that exemplifies exclusive access, well researched facts, a local flavour and international quality. Megakitchens is an example of our continued commitment to do just that within the confines of the much loved franchise of ‘Mega’. The portrayal of food, the Nat Geo way is a novel concept and we’re pretty sure that our viewers will enjoy this new mega adventure!”