- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
NGC to kick start second season of ‘Covershot’ in April
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster National Geographic Channel (NGC) has announced that its reality TV show on photography ‘Covershot’ will be back for a second season in April.
This time, the aim is to unlock ‘Mission North-East’ and there will be 10 episodes with 10 contestants. ‘Nat Geo Covershot: Mission North-East’ will take viewers on the exquisite north-eastern trail, with host Shibani Dandekar and judges Rajiv Laxman and Lana Šlezić.
To get the ball rolling, the channel has organised a photo exhibition of the pieces clicked by last year’s contestants.
Targeting agencies such as Group M, Madison, ZO, Starcom, Lodestar and Mediacom, across Delhi and Mumbai, from 27 January to 4 February, for the photo exhibition, NGC aims to create a buzz and conversation around the aspirational field of photography and their successful ‘Covershot’ property in its latest season.
While the exhibition in itself is a treat for the layman and photography enthusiasts alike, it appears yet again that the show served as a brilliant platform for amateurs to showcase their talent.
Besides, at a time when NGC is all set to launch one of its biggest properties for the year, the photo exhibition acts as an engaging springboard for reaching out to multiple stakeholders, including their key partners.
Fox International Channels VP of marketing Debarpita Banerjee said, “When the show itself is such a visual treat, the best way to announce the launch would but naturally be through its visuals. A walk down the exhibition aisle would demonstrate the length and breadth of talent showcased on ‘Covershot’.”