- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
NGC to air docu ‘Everest Rising’
MUMBAI: NGC will air ‘Everest Rising’, a five-part documentary series. The show will kick off on 26 April at 6 pm.
The documentary series depicts a climb of the world’s highest mountain through an “adventure-journalistic” lens. Using the personal narrative of a successful climb by four climbers in 2013, it weaves in secondary narratives of the history, hazards and techniques of the climb, the philosophy and the psychology of the climbers, the corporatisation of the Everest expeditions and the incidents and arguments surrounding it.
NGC Networks and Fox International Channels VP, marketing and communication Debarpita Banerjee said, “From concept to format to execution, NGC’s ‘Everest Rising’ is an exceptional and remarkable show. Sitting at home, the viewers will get the experience of the enormous characteristic of the Mount Everest.”
Said Hemant Sachdev, mountaineer, Everest summiter and a prominent contributor to the ‘Everest Rising’ show, “Mountaineering is a passion that has had a great impact on me personally. It gives me immense pleasure to share my experience with the viewers of NGC through ‘Everest Rising’. Our vision is to encourage people to try the outdoors and equip them with the right gear to enjoy themselves responsibly.”
The show will feature the history of Everest from 60 million years ago. It will be an epilogue to the world’s tallest peak and a hope to a better future.