- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
NewsX is No. 2 English news channel in Week 29
MUMBAI: In a dramatic shift in the English news genre, Kartikeya Sharma-promoted iTV Network’s English news channel NewsX has grabbed the second spot in Week 29 of BARC ratings.
It is important to note that the current week cannot be compared to the previous week since BARC has done certain changes to the way it computes data.
Times Now sat atop the English news hierarchy leading its nearest rival NewsX by a wide margin. India Today TV was at the third slot.
In the Hindi news genre, Aaj Tak led the show, followed by India TV and ABP News.
CNBC-TV18 was the leader in the English business news genre with a wide lead over its nearest rival ET Now, which occupied the second slot. At the third slot was NDTV Profit/Prime.
CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business, the two principal players in the Hindi business genre, were at the first and second slots respectively.