- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
NewsX, India News tie up with Pak channels for Indo-Pak match coverage
MUMBAI: NewsX and India News have joined hands with Pakistan’s PTV Sports and DIN News to present ‘War of the Worlds: Indo-Pak Clash’ and ‘India Mange Cup’ respectively, to bring to the viewers an extensive coverage around the World Cup face-off between India and Pakistan.
The channels will telecast multiple joint shows where panellists from both nations will discuss and analyse the teams, their performance, and the likely outcome of the matches. The shows will also take a closer look at the history of the World Cup matches played between India and Pakistan.
To start with, the channels together will conduct mega build-up shows on 13 and 14 February before the nations’ first face-off in the World Cup on 15 February. The special show will also analyse the impact index of the teams and the players by using Wisden Wizard Impact Index by Wisden India.
The array of special programming on the channels will include:
- On 13 and 14 February (one-hour specials @ 3pm): Preview show before the epic battle between India Pakistan, reminiscing India’s unbeaten record against Pakistan in World Cup matches. The show will also compare both the teams using the Wisden Wizard Impact.
- On 15 February @ 7.30am: A half-an-hour pre-match show that will analyse the likely outcome of the match and a post-match review show to dissect the match from every aspect.
The guest panel will include many big names from India and Pakistan cricket and journalism fraternity like Anshuman Gaiekwad, Ayaz Memon, Vinod Kambli, Mohsin Khan, Sarfraz Nawaz, Jonty Rhodes, etc.
- On 14 February: A preview show (7pm–10pm), along with debates between the players of respective teams.
- On 15 February: Pre-match special (at 8am) and post-match special, culminating in a mega show at 8pm that will review the match from all aspects.
The guest panel on the channel will include dignitaries and legendary names from India and Pakistan, such as Vinod Kambli, Nayan Mongia, Ritender Sodhi, Rajkumar Sharma (coach, Virat Kohli) and Salim Malik (DIN News).
In addition, the channel will also telecast a special show if India and Pakistan fight each other in the knockouts and a mega preview show before the grand finale.
Speaking on this partnership, NewsX editor-in-chief Rahul Shivshankar said, “India and Pakistan matches have always created a huge stir in both of our nations. Catching up with this rising excitement around the world cup face-off between the nations, we are glad to partner with PTV Sports, Pakistan and bring to the viewers a unique line-up of programming never seen before in World Cup. I am confident that this association will enhance our World Cup coverage and will bring the best to our viewers.”
India News editor-in-chief Deepak Chaurasia said, “India-Pakistan cricket matches are like a treat for the cricket lovers of two nations. While all other channels will be busy highlighting reactions from India, we at India News will make one step further by getting coverage direct from the other side of the border. Association with DIN News will certainly add an edge to our programming.”