- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
News18 India to bust fake news with new show ‘Khabar Pakki Hai?’
MUMBAI: TV18-owned Hindi news channel News18 India is launching a new show titled ‘Khabar Pakki Hai?’ which will act as a fact checker for viral content on social media.
Launching on 22 April, the show will air every Saturday and Sunday at 7.30 pm.
The channel said that the exponential growth of social media, innumerable photos, videos and stories are shared every second, but there is no way to check the authenticity of all this content.
This, it said, results in a lot of misinformation impacting opinion and resultant actions by people believing these false and fabricated stories.
The channel will also reach out to the relevant authorities in an attempt to get the official statements on the unverified news. In the event of two conflicting versions of the same story that are hard to fact-check, the show will present the opposing narratives highlighting the contradiction in the story.
Through this show, the channel will examine news doing the rounds on various social media platforms and attempt to debunk disinformation and try to tell fake from real news.
ABP News has a similar show called ‘Viral Sach’.