- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
News viewership retreats after hitting a peak in election results week
MUMBAI: The viewership of news channels normalised in Week 12 after attaining an unprecedented peak in Week 11, when the results of five state assemblies including Uttar Pradesh were announced.
In the English news genre, India Today Television pipped CNN News18 to bag the No. 2 position. CNN News18 slipped to the third while the other three players maintained their ranking.
Top Hindi news channels in U+R HSM
The Hindi news genre pecking order in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM) virtually remained unchanged with Aaj Tak leading the pack.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, the only change happened at the fifth position with News Nation pushing News18 India out of the top 5.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, India TV moved up to the third position after slipping to fourth position in the previous week.
Zee News fell to the fourth position while India News replaced News24 at the fifth position.
Top English business news channels
After losing out to ET Now in the previous week, CNBC TV18 recaptured the top spot in Week 12. The other positions remained unchanged.
Top Hindi business news channels
The Hindi business news genre viewership also settled to its normal position.