- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
News channels see surge in viewership in Week 28
MUMBAI: The English TV news genre saw an increase in viewership for the week ended 15 July, though there was no change in the pecking order.
Times Now retained its numero uno position among English general news channels during Week 28, BARC viewership data showed.
NDTV 24×7 continued to be the second-ranked channel, followed by India Today Television. The list of the top five channels was rounded off by CNN News18 and News X at the fourth and fifth position respectively.
Hindi general news channels
There was a big surge in viewership for the Hindi general news channels. Aaj Tak’s reign was undisturbed, though India TV gave it a chase.
English business news channels
The English business news channels also continued to be in their old positions, with CNBC TV18 at the top, followed by ET Now at No. 2.
Hindi business news channels
Interestingly, the viewership of the two-channel Hindi business news genre remained unchanged compared to the previous week.
CNBC Awaaz continued to run ahead of Zee Business.