- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
News channels see surge in viewership in Week 28
MUMBAI: The English TV news genre saw an increase in viewership for the week ended 15 July, though there was no change in the pecking order.
Times Now retained its numero uno position among English general news channels during Week 28, BARC viewership data showed.
NDTV 24×7 continued to be the second-ranked channel, followed by India Today Television. The list of the top five channels was rounded off by CNN News18 and News X at the fourth and fifth position respectively.
Hindi general news channels
There was a big surge in viewership for the Hindi general news channels. Aaj Tak’s reign was undisturbed, though India TV gave it a chase.
English business news channels
The English business news channels also continued to be in their old positions, with CNBC TV18 at the top, followed by ET Now at No. 2.
Hindi business news channels
Interestingly, the viewership of the two-channel Hindi business news genre remained unchanged compared to the previous week.
CNBC Awaaz continued to run ahead of Zee Business.