- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
News channels see spike in viewership in Week 4
MUMBAI: The top 4 English news channels saw a jump in their viewership over the previous week, as per BARC ratings for Week 4. BBC World News was the only channel to see a drop in weekly impressions.
NDTV 24×7 climbed to the third spot from fifth position in the previous. CNN News18 and BBC World News saw a drop in their rankings.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban+Rural HSM
There was no change in pecking order of the Hindi news channels in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), according to BARC data for the week ended 27 January.
Barring Aaj Tak, other channels saw an increase in weekly impressions.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
The top three Hindi news channels including market leader Aaj Tak saw a rise in viewership in urban HSM.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
Barring genre leader Aaj Tak, the other top four Hindi news channels reported gain in viewership in the week ended 27 January.
Top English business news channels
The English business news channels saw a rise in impressions even as their pecking order remained unchanged.
Top Hindi business news channels
Hindi business news channels CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business also saw an increase in viewership.