- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
News channels see further decline in viewership in Wk 42
MUMBAI: In the absence of a big news story, Hindi and English news channels saw further dip in their viewership in the 42nd week of the year. The top five channels in both the genres saw a dip in their viewership.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban+Rural
In Hindi news in urban and rural HSM, Zee News swapped places with ABP News for the fourth position.
The top 3 remained unchanged. Aaj Tak stayed as the genre leader, followed by India TV and then India News.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
India News moved to the third position in urban HSM, pushing Zee News to No. 4.
Aaj Tak occupied the top spot while India TV was at No. 2.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, India TV regained the second position from India News, which slid to No. 3.
Aaj Tak remained as the No. 1 channel.
Top English news channels
There was no change in the pecking order of English news channels. Times Now stayed ahead of the pack, followed by CNN News18.
Top English biz news channels
Similarly, the English business news genre did not see any change in the order. CNBC TV18 remained as the No. 1 channel, followed by ET Now.
Top Hindi biz news channels
The Hindi business news genre has remained unchanged for weeks now. CNBC Awaaz stayed ahead of Zee Business.