- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
News 9 is No. 2 English news channel; India TV ousts Aaj Tak from top spot
MUMBAI: The big shift in the English TV news genre took place in the week ended 24 June. News 9 raced ahead of channels like NDTV 24×7 and India Today TV to be only behind market leader Times Now.
There was a second visible change in the week. Edged out of the top five in Week 24, CNN News18 bounced back this time to occupy the third spot.
NDTV 24×7 dropped two places to take the fourth rank. India Today TV also slipped two ranks to be the No. 5 English general news channel. News X dropped out of the top five table.
Hindi news channels
After a long gap, India TV ousted Aaj Tak from the pole position. According to BARC data for the week ended 24 June, Aaj Tak lost viewership and the top rank too.
India News and ABP News swapped places, while News Nation stayed put at No. 5. The third position was occupied by India News.
English business news channels
There was no change in the pecking order of the English business news channels. CNBC remained right at the top in Week 25.
Hindi business news channels
There was no change in the positions of the Hindi business news channels. CNBC Awaaz remained No. 1, followed by Zee Business.