- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Network18 beefs up ETV revenue team
MUMBAI: Media conglomerate Network18 has strengthened its revenue team by appointing Mukul Gupta and Tauquir Zaidi as national sales heads for ETV News HSM (Hindi Speaking Markets) channels and ETV News Language channels, respectively.
Both Mukul and Tauquir will be reporting to ETV News Network EVP and national revenue head Sudip Roy, an official statement said. Roy in turn reports to Joy Chakraborthy.
Commenting on these appointments, TV18 president revenue and Forbes India CEO Joy Chakraborthy said, “We are very happy that Tauquir and Mukul have joined our ETV News Network. They bring vast and varied experience of media sales, which will strengthen an already good team.”
Prior to joining Network18, Mukul was head sales – special initiatives at Zee Media Corporation’s regional bouquet of channels. Before that, he was head of corporate sales with ETV News. He has also worked for other media brands such as MAA TV, Sahara Samay, Dainik Bhaskar, Rajasthan Patrika and Hindustan Times.
Tauquir, on the other hand, was national sales head of Prasar Bharati for the Doordarshan channels. He also worked as region head at Times Now and at NDTV Media. He spent more than six years in Star India.