- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Neo Sports secures FIFA Club World Cup rights
MUMBAI: After winning the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) rights, Neo Sports Broadcast Network has bagged the broadcast rights to FIFA Club World Cup 2015 and 2016.
The 2015 FIFA Club World Cup, which is also the 12th edition of the event, will be held in Osaka, Japan from 10 to 20 December. The sportscaster will telecast eight matches live.
Neo Sports Broadcast Network EVP of programming Mautik Tolia said, “Last time, the tournament created a lot of buzz and the quality of football was also premium. We went aggressively for the rights because we feel this is a great time to have a FIFA tournament. Everyone’s eye will be on star-packed Barcelona, and I think there will be some exhibition of quality football. Neo will continue to evaluate the available rights, and whenever we see a premium sport available we will grab the opportunity.”
The 2015 FIFA Club World Cup features six clubs, namely TP Mazembe, Guangzhou Evergrande FC, FC Barcelona, Club América, Auckland City FC and River Plate.