- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Neo Sports acquires broadcast rights of Brave Combat Federation’s first MMA event in India
MUMBAI: Neo Sports has acquired the broadcast rights of Brave Combat Federation’s first MMA event in India. Brave Combat Federation is Asia’s largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, founded under the patronage of Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa from Bahrain.
Broadcaster Neo Sports will air the fights live between 8 pm to 10 pm. It will also be broadcast across 53 nations and streamed online live via bravefights.com.
The other partners for this event include Carnival Cinemas India (Multiplex & Publicity partner), Essence Transmedia (Event Partner), R City (Mall partner), Seven Hills Hospital (Medical Partner), Times of India (Media Partner) and Radio Mirchi (Radio Partner).
Brave Combat Federation is the first global MMA promotion to organise an event in India. This is the fifth edition of Brave Combat Federation and the Brave 5 Fight card features renowned Indian and International athletes from 11 nations including Algeria, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Egypt, India, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand, Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom.
Algeria’s Tahar Hadbi and England’s Carl Booth will compete at the main event. Indo-Canadian Gurdarshan ‘Saint Lion’ Mangat is moving two weight classes to compete with Abdul ‘Cutman’ Muneer in the Featherweight division, which is the co-main event.
The line-up also includes Indian athletes such as Mohammed Farhad, Goa’s Nelson Paes, IMMAF World Championship medallist Hardeep Rai, former Indian champion Bharat Khandare, and Indian MMA pioneer Chaitanya Gavali and international athletes such as Paulo Gonçalvez from Brazil, TUF Latin America contestant Alejandro Martinez, Bahrain’s pride Hamza Kooheji and former Middle Eastern champion Aziz Julaidan.
Brave 5 will kick-off with the Weigh-ins and Open Workouts on 22 April, which will be held at R-City Mall, Mumbai, from 6 pm onwards. The event will be attended by key dignitaries including Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa and prominent Bollywood celebrities.