- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Neeraj Vyas now to head SAB TV as well
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) senior executive vice president Neeraj Vyas is getting an expanded role. Vyas, who is currently heading the Hindi movies and music cluster of the company, will now also helm SAB TV.
Vyas’s new role follows the exit of SAB TV business head Anooj Kapoor, who is set to start his own venture.
“I am given the additional charge of business head of SAB TV,” Vyas confirmed to TelevisionPost.com.
Joining Sony in 1995, Vyas is currently in charge of Hindi movie channels Sony Max, Sony Max 2 and Sony Wah, music channel Sony Mix, and the newly launched Sony Rox HD.
He will now head SAB TV, a family comedy entertainment channel which is an important property in SPNI’s portfolio. Kapoor was a long-time champion of the growth of the channel.
Kapoor, whose association with SAB TV went back to 2007, had launched several hit shows such as ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’, ‘F.I.R.’, ‘Balveer’, ‘Lapataganj’, ‘Left Right Left’ and ‘Chidiya Ghar’ during his tenure.