- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
NDTV to provide content to metro-rail network in Delhi
The NDTV content will be part of the demonstration of a cross-track digital video and information system being installed within the Delhi Metro Rail system by international transit technology company XTD Ltd. It is anticipated that beyond the demonstration the XTD screen system will be extended to broader sections of the Delhi Metro.
Said NDTV Group CEO & executive vice chairperson KVL Narayan Rao, “The demonstration of the XTD systems in the Delhi Metro sees the introduction of a unique new media to India. This is a most exciting opportunity to reach an audience with relevant and timely video and sound content. This audience is previously used to static images on train platforms, but the XTD systems transform the cross-track experience for commuters.”
A unique screen format has been created by XTD using NDTV’s popular news content for the cross-track media demonstration. Content will alternate between Hindi and English and will be updated through each day. The layout of the screens will feature news, finance, sport, weather and entertainment updates.
XTD’s digital cross-track media system is designed for metro rail and is said to offer the world’s highest broadcast standards for media in metro rail environments. The system consists of large LED screens and high-fidelity sound capabilities that engage commuters with long and short form content including general news, sport, entertainment, business updates and weather.
Said Steve Wildisen CEO XTD, “We are excited to receive early interest from large and respected brands in India and we will focus on turning these leads into commercial opportunities. The XTD digital media systems are unique in the world and capable of transforming sections of metro rail stations into far more engaging environments for commuters and brands.”