- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
NDTV to consider sale of subsidiary assets
MUMBAI: NDTV said Monday its board will soon meet to consider potential sale of certain strategic assets by its subsidiary.
“Board meeting of the company is being convened to consider, inter alia, potential sale of certain strategic assets by certain material subsidiary(ies) of the company,” NDTV said in a regulatory filing.
There is, however, no mention on the assets the company would consider for sale.
NDTV runs a lifestyle channel NDTV Good Times, e-commerce and digital businesses through subsidiaries.
“Since the TV news business is in the parent company, it can’t be for sale. The company has been talking earlier of raising capital in the e-commerce business. Even the non-news channel (NDTV Good Times) is a subsidiary company,” said a media analyst who has been tracking the company.
NDTV said the trading window for dealing in the securities of the company would remain closed from 17 April till the conclusion of 48 hours from the date of board meeting that is being convened.