- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
NDTV to consider sale of subsidiary assets
MUMBAI: NDTV said Monday its board will soon meet to consider potential sale of certain strategic assets by its subsidiary.
“Board meeting of the company is being convened to consider, inter alia, potential sale of certain strategic assets by certain material subsidiary(ies) of the company,” NDTV said in a regulatory filing.
There is, however, no mention on the assets the company would consider for sale.
NDTV runs a lifestyle channel NDTV Good Times, e-commerce and digital businesses through subsidiaries.
“Since the TV news business is in the parent company, it can’t be for sale. The company has been talking earlier of raising capital in the e-commerce business. Even the non-news channel (NDTV Good Times) is a subsidiary company,” said a media analyst who has been tracking the company.
NDTV said the trading window for dealing in the securities of the company would remain closed from 17 April till the conclusion of 48 hours from the date of board meeting that is being convened.