- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
NDTV returns to No. 3 slot in week ended 26 June
MUMBAI: News broadcaster NDTV has returned to the number 3 slot even as Times Now and India Today Television maintained their position at number 1 and 2 respectively, as per BARC data for the week ended 26 June.
Though Times Now maintained its numero uno position, the channel’s viewership dipped 33 per cent during the week. On the other hand, India Today Television’s viewership surged 32 per cent.
Hindi news channels
It was status quo in Hindi news genre as Aaj Tak, India TV and ABP News held on to the top three positions in order. All three channels saw marginal growth in their viewership.
Business news channels
There was no change in the pecking order in the English business news genre as well, with CNBC TV18, ET Now and NDTV Profit/Prime maintaining their respective positions. However, CNBC TV18 and ET Now saw a marginal drop in viewership while NDTV Profit/Prime saw it double.
The Hindi business news genre, which has only CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business vying among themselves, saw a drop in viewership. Zee Business witnessed a drastic fall with its viewership almost dropping half over the previous week.