- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
NDTV Prime to present documentary to combat malnutrition
MUMBAI: NDTV Prime will present a documentary on malnutrition.It will highlight the issue of hidden hunger and how fortification can contribute to the solution.
Titled ‘A Conscious Choice’, the documentary will air on 11 July at 12:30 pm with a repeat on Sunday, 12 July at 6:30 pm.
Forty-two per cent of the world’s malnourished children live in India, many of whom suffer from deficiency of micronutrients like vitamins and minerals, also known as ‘hidden hunger’. These deficiencies are common across socio-economic categories in both rural and urban areas.
While there are many solutions like supplementation and eating a diversified diet, food fortification is a complementary strategy to combat malnutrition. Staple foods like wheat, milk, salt and edible oil are effective vehicles for fortification by all sections of the population – rich or poor, urban or rural.
The documentary will further highlight the advantages of food fortification and how it can turn a simple staple into nutritious food through a simple, cost effective process, thus making fortification a conscious choice for everyone.