- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
NDTV Prime to present documentary to combat malnutrition
MUMBAI: NDTV Prime will present a documentary on malnutrition.It will highlight the issue of hidden hunger and how fortification can contribute to the solution.
Titled ‘A Conscious Choice’, the documentary will air on 11 July at 12:30 pm with a repeat on Sunday, 12 July at 6:30 pm.
Forty-two per cent of the world’s malnourished children live in India, many of whom suffer from deficiency of micronutrients like vitamins and minerals, also known as ‘hidden hunger’. These deficiencies are common across socio-economic categories in both rural and urban areas.
While there are many solutions like supplementation and eating a diversified diet, food fortification is a complementary strategy to combat malnutrition. Staple foods like wheat, milk, salt and edible oil are effective vehicles for fortification by all sections of the population – rich or poor, urban or rural.
The documentary will further highlight the advantages of food fortification and how it can turn a simple staple into nutritious food through a simple, cost effective process, thus making fortification a conscious choice for everyone.