- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
NDTV launches channels on Nigerian pay TV platform
MUMBAI: New Delhi Television has launched two of its channels, NDTV India and NDTV Profit Prime, on Nigerian pay TV platform African Cable TV (ACTV).
NDTV India is a Hindi language news channel while NDTV Profit/Prime is India’s first hybrid news channel. Viewers will find NDTV India on ACTV Channel 307 and NDTV Profit/Prime on Channel 308.
Said Rohit Jaiswal, NDTV associate VP, network distribution and affiliate sales, “We are very pleased to announce the launch of our channels on ACTV. Like in other parts of the world, our channels, which are now available in over 73 countries, will aid the Indian expatriates and everyone else who has an interest in India keep abreast with the constantly evolving India.”
Added African Cable Television MD and CEO Godfrey Orkeh, “African Cable Television leads the Nigerian market in providing 100 per cent of its subscribers with HD decoders featuring PVR and media browsing functionality coupled with a broad spectrum of high quality TV programming including movies, news, sports, lifestyle, music, kids entertainment, documentaries and more. We have high standards for the viewer experience that we deliver to our customers and look forward to providing them with a broader choice of relevant TV programmes through our ACTV-6000 HD/PVR decoder.”