- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
NDTV 24×7 swings to No. 2 position in Week 27
MUMBAI: NDTV 24×7 took the second spot in the English news genre in the week ended 8 July, even as the genre as a whole saw a drop in weekly impressions.
The channel was No. 4 in the previous week. India Today Television took the third slot, which was in the earlier week occupied by CNN News18. NewsX entered the top five rankings while News9, which was at the fifth spot, exited the top 5 chart.
Hindi news channels
There was no change in the pecking order of the Hindi news channels. Aaj Tak, India News and News Nation saw some growth in weekly impressions, while India TV and ABP News saw a fall in their viewership numbers.
English business news
Even though their pecking order remained unchanged, the English business news genre saw the biggest drop in the news genre.
CNBC VT18, ET Now and NDTV Profit/Prime saw their weekly impressions erode almost to half.
Bloomberg TV India fell to an all-time low of 3 weekly impressions in thousands from 17 in the previous week.
Hindi business news genre
The Hindi business news genre remained unchanged, albeit seeing a drop in their weekly impressions in line with the weekly trend for the news genre.