- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
MTV to launch new show ‘MTV Girls on Top’ on 7 Mar
MUMBAI: Music and youth channel MTV is launching a brand-new show called ‘MTV Girls on Top’ on 7 March.
The show, which is about three not-so-adarsh girls in Mumbai juggling job, love and domestic issues, will air from Monday to Friday at 6:30 pm.
The show, a dramedy, will analyse various aspects of being an independent young woman in urban India through the lenses of friendship, relationships, career, aspirations, and even whims and fancies.
Viewers will get to see three young women—TV producer Isha (played by Saloni Chopra), tabloid journalist Gia (played by Barkha Singh), and DJ Revati (played by Ayesha Adlakha)—as they make their way through life in a ruthless city like Mumbai and how they grow stronger together as they face one difficult circumstance after another.
Viacom18 EVP and business head, youth and English entertainment Ferzad Palia said, “The show will resonate with all those young women who have ever dreamed of a life outside the confines of societal norms by breaking stereotypes and questioning taboos. I’m sure our young viewers will fall in love with our three protagonists from ‘MTV Girls on Top’, because somewhere they’ll find their own story within theirs.”