- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
MTV to launch new show ‘MTV Girls on Top’ on 7 Mar
MUMBAI: Music and youth channel MTV is launching a brand-new show called ‘MTV Girls on Top’ on 7 March.
The show, which is about three not-so-adarsh girls in Mumbai juggling job, love and domestic issues, will air from Monday to Friday at 6:30 pm.
The show, a dramedy, will analyse various aspects of being an independent young woman in urban India through the lenses of friendship, relationships, career, aspirations, and even whims and fancies.
Viewers will get to see three young women—TV producer Isha (played by Saloni Chopra), tabloid journalist Gia (played by Barkha Singh), and DJ Revati (played by Ayesha Adlakha)—as they make their way through life in a ruthless city like Mumbai and how they grow stronger together as they face one difficult circumstance after another.
Viacom18 EVP and business head, youth and English entertainment Ferzad Palia said, “The show will resonate with all those young women who have ever dreamed of a life outside the confines of societal norms by breaking stereotypes and questioning taboos. I’m sure our young viewers will fall in love with our three protagonists from ‘MTV Girls on Top’, because somewhere they’ll find their own story within theirs.”