- Jallikattu stir turns violent; over 90 cops injured, 40 held
- Karnataka CM Siddarmaiah bats for revocation of ban on Kambala, mulls ordinance
- 162 Crores Of Unexplained Assets For Congress Leaders, One Is A Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses the Election Commission of promoting bribery
- As Priyanka Gandhi is hailed for alliance with SP, husband Robert Vadra calls Rahul Gandhi 'youth icon'
- Don't announce any scheme for poll-bound states in Union Budget, EC tells government
- Jallikattu: Chennai cops 'vandalise' property, caught on tape
- Ola appoints Vishal Kaul as Chief Operating Officer
- Sweden: Gang rape streamed live on Facebook, three suspects arrested
- Triple Talaq: Law panel studies practices of Muslim nations
MTV to launch ‘MTV Unplugged 6’ on 14 Jan
MUMBAI: Viacom 18’s Hindi music channel MTV will air the sixth season of ‘Royal Stag Barrel Select MTV Unplugged’ starting 14 January, every Saturday, at 8 PM.
The show will be aired on MTV’s brand new Bollywood music channel MTV Beats and Viacom18’s online platform Viacom18’s online platform Voot.
The sixth season will feature artists such as AR Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal, Badshah, Amit Trivedi, Sachin-Jigar, Benny Dayal, Shahid Mallya, Jubin Nautiyal, Divya Kumar, Amit Mishra, Jasleen Royal and Siddharth Mahadevan.
On the sixth season, Viacom18 head youth and English entertainment Ferzad Palia said, “’Royal Stag Barrel Select MTV Unplugged’ has carved a niche for itself by celebrating the country’s myriad music genres by giving the music a chance to be the star in the show. Unplugged music is music in its rawest form—stripped of all distractions—which makes it extremely powerful and allows the artist to truly display his or her prowess as a musician. The line-up for this season is truly fantastic and I’m confident that the viewers of MTV will be in for a total treat when they tune into one of the greatest seasons of the show with the best of the best musicians performing unplugged.”
The first episode of the sixth season will feature AR Rahman, who will perform a mix of old and new songs along with a surprise rendition of fan favourite ‘Urvashi Urvashi’. Singer Shreya Ghosal will make her debut on the show, crooning her magnificent renditions.
For the new season, MTV has lined up a 360-degree marketing campaign that spans radio, digital, print, cinema and brand associations.
Pernod Ricard India AVP (marketing) Raja Banerji stated, “’Royal Stag Barrel Select MTV Unplugged’ continues to tread on this successful journey to create one of the finest and most refined musical shows. This season features a perfect line-up of some of the biggest starts from Bollywood performing unplugged—music in its most pristine form. This musical extravagance brings alive the brand’s philosophy of ‘Make it Perfect’ in every way. Tune into perfection and witness these accomplished musicians showcase their versatile repertoire only at Royal Stag Barrel Select MTV Unplugged.”
The last season reached out to over 34 million viewers across the country with episodes featuring artists such as Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Pritam and Sukhwinder Singh. The show raked in a reach of over 47 million on digital platforms and a reach of over 17 million over radio.