- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
MTV set to premiere 5th season of ‘Unplugged’ on 2 January
MUMBAI: MTV is back with the fifth season of its musical show ‘Royal Stag Barrel Select MTV Unplugged’.
Starting 2 January, the show will air every Saturday at 8 pm.
‘MTV Unplugged’ showcases musical maestros performing their chart topping numbers that have swayed the nation in their most natural forms – with acoustic arrangement of music and a live studio performance sans any post production.
The lineup this year includes Pritam, Hariharan, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Sukhwinder, Jeet Gannguli and Swarathma who have proven their mettle in the Indian music industry with songs that refuse to fade into oblivion.
Viacom18 EVP and business head, Youth and English Entertainment Ferzad Palia said, “MTV is the cultural home of the youth of today. And music is what drives them. ‘Royal Stag Barrel Select MTV Unplugged’ is a show that brings together the biggest music stars of today, musicians and artists whose songs have shaped the youth of today with lyrics and music that appeal to them and define them. This year, the musicians we have on board are people who have in some way rebooted the Indian music industry by infusing certain freshness into the way things are done. And the unplugged versions of their songs are something you’ll want to witness and listen to again and again.”
Pernod Ricard India AVP marketing Raja Banerji said, “’Royal Stag Barrel Select MTV Unplugged’ has already touched millions of hearts across the nation. Keeping up with the brand philosophy of ‘Make it Perfect’, Royal Stag Barrel Select, has made an endeavour to encapsulate the brand experience and has stepped up a notch higher, with every season, to ‘make it perfect’ through a series of Unplugged concerts. There is no better place to enjoy powerful, uninhibited music than here.”
In the past, the show has seen some of the biggest names from the world of music such as AR Rahman, Kailash Kher, Mohit Chauhan and Sonu Nigam.