- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
MTV launches digital show ‘The Great Selfie Challenge’
MUMBAI: Riding high on the current trend of taking selfies, youth entertainment and music channel MTV India has designed a digital show titled ‘The Great Selfie Challenge’ for the selfie obsessed millennial.
The show will see five selfie enthusiasts go to different lengths by travelling across India and completing challenges to get a perfect selfie.
MTV India digital head Ekalavya Bhattacharya said, “The selfie was supposed to be like every other fad that came and went; but that hasn’t happened and I personally don’t think it is something which will die any time soon. While several brands have tried to create a quirky campaign around selfies, none of them have been particularly striking. What’s different about this show is that, it isn’t just about an epic selfie but also the incredible, crazy and adventurous story that’s behind every great click.”
Since being coined in 2002, the word ‘selfie’ and selfies themselves gained popularity in 2010 and by 2013 it was declared the ‘Word of the Year’.
MTV is looking for selfie buffs who are willing to travel thousands of kilometres, and go from cliff diving to underwater to hanging out with ghosts, in the bid to get a perfect selfie.
In order to participate on the show, one needs to complete three selfie challenges that have been laid out on the channel’s official website. The five best entries will be selected for the journey in order to be crowned the King/Queen of Selfies.