- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
MSM sells out ad inventory for IPL 8
MUMBAI: With less than a week to go for the start of the Indian Premier League (IPL), Multi Screen Media (MSM) has sold out its ad inventory for the cash-rich league.
Speaking to TelevisionPost.com, MSM president Rohit Gupta noted that this year the broadcaster decided to take in more sponsors. “We increased the number of sponsors from nine last year to 12 this time around. On ‘Extraaa Innings’we had six sponsors last year. This time around there are nine.”
Gupta said that the IPL has become an established property and there was growing interest from clients. ‘Also, with more sponsors there is less brand clutter. MagicBricks, Parle, Cadbury and Raymond recently came on-board as associate sponsors. With this, we have two co-presenting and 10 associate sponsors.”
On ‘Extraaa Innings’ the nine sponsors include cardekho.com, Amul, Skol, TVS and Emami.
While the event will have regional feeds on the new channel Sony Kix, the broadcaster has decided not to sell separate packages for that. “It is better for us to sell the IPL as a premium property. We will earn in excess of Rs 9 billion from the event,” Gupta said.
Gupta is hopeful that the regional feeds on Sony Aath and on Sony Kix will give the IPL good incremental reach. “We will see how it goes,” he said.