- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
MSM sells out ad inventory for IPL 8
MUMBAI: With less than a week to go for the start of the Indian Premier League (IPL), Multi Screen Media (MSM) has sold out its ad inventory for the cash-rich league.
Speaking to TelevisionPost.com, MSM president Rohit Gupta noted that this year the broadcaster decided to take in more sponsors. “We increased the number of sponsors from nine last year to 12 this time around. On ‘Extraaa Innings’we had six sponsors last year. This time around there are nine.”
Gupta said that the IPL has become an established property and there was growing interest from clients. ‘Also, with more sponsors there is less brand clutter. MagicBricks, Parle, Cadbury and Raymond recently came on-board as associate sponsors. With this, we have two co-presenting and 10 associate sponsors.”
On ‘Extraaa Innings’ the nine sponsors include cardekho.com, Amul, Skol, TVS and Emami.
While the event will have regional feeds on the new channel Sony Kix, the broadcaster has decided not to sell separate packages for that. “It is better for us to sell the IPL as a premium property. We will earn in excess of Rs 9 billion from the event,” Gupta said.
Gupta is hopeful that the regional feeds on Sony Aath and on Sony Kix will give the IPL good incremental reach. “We will see how it goes,” he said.