- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
MP & Silva to continue distributing Serie A rights globally
MUMBAI: Sports rights agency MP & Silva has announced that it will continue to manage and distribute the Italian Serie A international rights from season 2015–2016 to 2017–2018, after successfully winning the tender launched by Lega Serie A.
The agency has been managing the Italian league since 2004.
The agreement includes the audiovisual rights to distribute Serie A globally in all countries of the world outside Italy, including the rights to live broadcast all matches of the Serie A championships, the right to broadcast the Serie A Magazine and the Serie A highlights, as well as the right to produce and broadcast programmes relating to the pre-match, during half-time or after the match, including footage highlights and interviews.
In India Star Sports owns the rights. The contract ends in May and with more competition in the market, the agency is no doubt hoping for a big jump in rights prices.
A source noted that Star has not shown as much of Serie A as the league would have liked, but when the contract ends at the end of the season, they’ll certainly be a contender to extend.
MP & Silva added that it has the world’s strongest portfolio of football media rights in the industry with more than 60 international sports media rights properties, such as the English Premier League, French Ligue 1, NBA, FIFA, Formula One and more.
MP & Silva founding partner Riccardo Silva commented, “With our international reach and commercial strength, we will continue to give Lega Serie A an increasing visibility. Sports have the potential to bring crowds together and we are happy to be part of the growth of one of the best-known leagues in the world.”