- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Movies Now, Zee Cafe top in their genres in Week 22
MUMBAI: Movies Now climbed a stair to occupy the top deck while Star Movies had to move two places down to be the third-ranked English movie channel in the week ended 2 June, BARC data showed.
Movies Now almost doubled its impressions to 4.12 million in Week 22.
Sony Pix, at second place, also made strong gains, scoring 36% more than the previous week. The channel collected 2.69 million impressions in Week 22.
The positions of the rest of the English film channels remained unchanged.
Top 5 English movies
Movies Now dominated the list of the top five movies. ‘Enter the Dragon’ was the most-watched movie of the week with 36,000 impressions.
Sony Pix was the only other channel to have a movie screening in the top 5.
Top English entertainment channels
Zee Cafe rose to the top with 314,000 weekly impressions, ousting Comedy Central HD in the process.
Star World entered the list at No. 4, while FX gained a rank to take the third spot.
AXN dropped two places to occupy the fifth spot.
Top infotainment channels
It was a battle between Discovery Channel and History TV18 at the top. In the week ended 2 June, Discovery Channel replaced History TV18 as the top infotainment channel.
The rest of the pecking order remained unaltered.
Top kids channels
Hungama TV and Pogo swapped places while the hierarchy of the other kids’ channels remained the same.