- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Movies Now, Zee Café maintain leadership in English genres
MUMBAI: The English entertainment genres including the English movie channels and the English entertainment channels witnessed no major shift due to BARC’s rollout of rural data in Week 41.
As per data for the urban and rural markets for the week ended 16 October, Movies Now maintained its leadership in the English movie genre with 3200 Rat (000s), followed by Sony Pix after a wide gap at 1893 Rat (000s).
Placed third on the chart was Star Movies, followed by Zee Studio at fourth and HBO rounding off at the fifth.
Top 5 movies
The top-rated English movie of Week 41 was ‘Man of Steel’, aired on genre leader Movies Now.
The second spot went to Star Movies for airing ‘Battleship’, while Sony Pix attained the third position with its airing of the classic James Bond film ‘Octopussy’.
Movies Now and Star Movies came back to grab the fourth and fifth spots by airing ‘Avatar’ and ‘Gulliver’s Travels’ respectively.
Interestingly, the third, fourth and fifth movies on the chart garnered the same viewership of 25 Rat (000s) during the week.
English entertainment channels
The English entertainment genre too did not see any major shift in Week 41 as a result of the rural rollout of BARC data.
Zee Café maintained its leadership in the English entertainment genre with 103 Rat (000s).
Following at a close second was AXN, followed by Comedy Central at the third spot.
Interestingly, the fourth and fifth spots went to Viacom18’s new English entrant Colors Infinity. The fourth spot was gained by Colors Infinity SD, while the HD channel took the fifth position.
The gap between the SD and HD channels of Colors Infinity was considerable.