- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Movies Now, Zee Café maintain leadership in English genres
MUMBAI: The English entertainment genres including the English movie channels and the English entertainment channels witnessed no major shift due to BARC’s rollout of rural data in Week 41.
As per data for the urban and rural markets for the week ended 16 October, Movies Now maintained its leadership in the English movie genre with 3200 Rat (000s), followed by Sony Pix after a wide gap at 1893 Rat (000s).
Placed third on the chart was Star Movies, followed by Zee Studio at fourth and HBO rounding off at the fifth.
Top 5 movies
The top-rated English movie of Week 41 was ‘Man of Steel’, aired on genre leader Movies Now.
The second spot went to Star Movies for airing ‘Battleship’, while Sony Pix attained the third position with its airing of the classic James Bond film ‘Octopussy’.
Movies Now and Star Movies came back to grab the fourth and fifth spots by airing ‘Avatar’ and ‘Gulliver’s Travels’ respectively.
Interestingly, the third, fourth and fifth movies on the chart garnered the same viewership of 25 Rat (000s) during the week.
English entertainment channels
The English entertainment genre too did not see any major shift in Week 41 as a result of the rural rollout of BARC data.
Zee Café maintained its leadership in the English entertainment genre with 103 Rat (000s).
Following at a close second was AXN, followed by Comedy Central at the third spot.
Interestingly, the fourth and fifth spots went to Viacom18’s new English entrant Colors Infinity. The fourth spot was gained by Colors Infinity SD, while the HD channel took the fifth position.
The gap between the SD and HD channels of Colors Infinity was considerable.