- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Movies Now wins No 1 rank in Week 15
MUMBAI: In a week that saw English movie channels lose viewership, Movies Now jumped three places to occupy the top chair. The channel posted 3.11 million weekly impressions for the week ended 14 April, up 32.27% from the preceding week.
Star Movies moved a stair up, while HBO slipped to the third spot, BARC data for Week 15 showed.
Sony Pix fell from the top to occupy the fourth spot while Movies Now 2 stayed put at No 5.
Top 5 movies
Star Movies and Movies Now each had two movies in the top 5.
‘Titanic’ on Star Movies was the top-rated movie of the week, followed by ‘The Incredible Hulk’ on Sony Pix in the second place.
Top 5 English entertainment channels
Comedy Central climbed two stairs to be at No 2. Zee Café and FX each fell a place while Star World replaced AXN in the fifth spot.
Top 5 infotainment channels
In the infotainment genre, NGC and Animal Planet swapped places. There was no other change in the pecking order, with History TV18 leading the pack.
Top 5 kids channels
Hungama climbed two places to be at No 2 in the kids genre, according to BARC data for the week ended 14 April.
Disney Channel and Pogo dropped a rank each. Cartoon Network occupied the fifth spot, pushing out Sonic from the top 5. Nick stayed at the top of the ladder.