- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Movies Now to host superhero film festival from 7 August
MUMBAI: Times Network’s English movie channel Movies Now is all set to host a superhero film festival, ‘Super Squad Homecoming’, in August.
The festival starts from 7 August, every Monday-Friday at 7 pm and 11 pm.
Movies Now is the first channel to host both the Marvel as well as DC franchises. The festival will air all biggest superheroes movies such as ‘Batman’, ‘Superman’, ‘Captain America’, ‘Thor’, ‘Hulk’, ‘Blade’ and ‘The Avengers’. It will showcase some of the biggest Hollywood blockbusters like ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’, ‘Batman’, ‘Batman Begins’, ‘Ant-Man’, ‘Blade’, ‘Blade 2’, ‘Blade: Trinity’, ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’, ‘Hulk’, ‘Man of Steel’, ‘Superman’, ‘Superman Returns’ and ‘Thor’.
Times Network executive vice-president and head entertainment cluster and Zoom, Vivek Srivastava said, “Marvel and DC franchises have redefined how we view superheroes today and Movies Now is the first Indian English Movie channel to have both the libraries at the same time. Our objective is to live up to our audience expectation of being the No.1 blockbuster destination in the country and with Movies Now being home to the superheroes we will offer our viewers a larger than life experience. Through ‘Super Squad Homecoming’, our aim is to further consolidate our position as the undisputed leader.”
To promote this property, Movies Now has designed a 360 degree campaign that will include TV, OOH, radio, cinema, digital and on-ground activations across bars, college festivals and gyms. The multi-city campaign will be promoted through the month to support this exciting property which further strengthens Movies Now positioning as the home to the superheroes.