- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Movies Now teams up with N Karthikeyan for ‘Rush’ premiere
MUMBAI: Narain Karthikeyan, India’s first Formula 1 driver, has come on board with English movie channel Movies Now to actively promote the premiere of ‘Rush’ on the channel. The racer was in awe of the storyline and the film’s cast.
‘Rush’ revolves around the greatest sports rivalry in Forumla 1—Niki Lauda versus James Hunt.
Karthikeyan said, “It is amazing to see how well the movie ‘Rush’ portrays the on- and off-track lives of Niki Lauda and James Hunt. There is a lot to take back—from motivation, sheer grit and determination to the extent to which racing drivers and sportsmen are ready to go to when it comes to a rivalry. Apart from enjoying the skills and techniques of two of the most talented F1 drivers of the era, ‘Rush’ is an inspiring watch. The theme of bouncing back from tough situations and proving a point really stood out throughout the movie.”
Movies Now marketing head Shantanu Gangane said, “We could not have found a better fit than Narain to promote the Indian television premiere of ‘Rush’. It’s one of our tent-pole properties on the channel and we are leaving no stone unturned in garnering the desired viewership. The movie is not only inspirational but also a life-like recreation of the legendary 1970s Formula 1 rivalry. With Narain on board, we are certain that we will be able to create that stir.”
Leveraging his enthusiasm for the movie, Karthikeyan will be an integral part of the print and digital activations that have been planned.