- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Movies Now teams up with N Karthikeyan for ‘Rush’ premiere
MUMBAI: Narain Karthikeyan, India’s first Formula 1 driver, has come on board with English movie channel Movies Now to actively promote the premiere of ‘Rush’ on the channel. The racer was in awe of the storyline and the film’s cast.
‘Rush’ revolves around the greatest sports rivalry in Forumla 1—Niki Lauda versus James Hunt.
Karthikeyan said, “It is amazing to see how well the movie ‘Rush’ portrays the on- and off-track lives of Niki Lauda and James Hunt. There is a lot to take back—from motivation, sheer grit and determination to the extent to which racing drivers and sportsmen are ready to go to when it comes to a rivalry. Apart from enjoying the skills and techniques of two of the most talented F1 drivers of the era, ‘Rush’ is an inspiring watch. The theme of bouncing back from tough situations and proving a point really stood out throughout the movie.”
Movies Now marketing head Shantanu Gangane said, “We could not have found a better fit than Narain to promote the Indian television premiere of ‘Rush’. It’s one of our tent-pole properties on the channel and we are leaving no stone unturned in garnering the desired viewership. The movie is not only inspirational but also a life-like recreation of the legendary 1970s Formula 1 rivalry. With Narain on board, we are certain that we will be able to create that stir.”
Leveraging his enthusiasm for the movie, Karthikeyan will be an integral part of the print and digital activations that have been planned.