- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Movies Now, MN+ to simulcast Gandhi on 30 Jan at 11 pm
MUMBAI: English movie channels Movies Now and MN+ will simulcast biopic ‘Gandhi’ on 30 January at 1 pm. The epic biopic, directed by Richard Attenborough, will be aired again on Movies Now at 11 pm the same day.
Written by John Briley and produced and directed by Richard Attenborough, Gandhi features Ben Kingsley in the title role of Mahatma Gandhi, with Edward Fox as General Dyer, Saeed Jaffrey as Sardar Patel, Alyque Padamsee as Mohammed Ali Jinnah and Roshan Seth as Jawaharlal Nehru.
The 1982 biopic dramatizes the life of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the leader of India’s non-violent struggle for independence from the British, and also stars Amrish Puri as Khan, Candice Bergen as Margaret Bourke-White, John Gielgud as Lord Irwin and Martin Sheen as Walker.
‘Gandhi’ is among the most-awarded films, having won as many as eight Oscars for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Director, Best Writing, Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design and Best Film Editing, along with 10 Golden Globe awards, and several top creative and technical awards from some of the most reputed guilds and associations across the world.