- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Movies Now, History TV18 retain their leadership spots
MUMBAI: Movies Now continued to lead the English movie genre in the week ended 5 May despite seeing a 17.2% drop in viewership, BARC data showed.
Movies Now pocketed 2.50 million weekly impressions compared to 3.02 million impressions a week ago.
Star Movies jumped a stair to be in second place while Movies Now 2 improved its ranking from fifth to the third spot.
HBO and Sony Pix fell in ranking, according to BARC data for Week 18.
Top English movies
Movies Now had two of its movie screenings in the top five. Movies Now 2, HBO and Star Movies each had a film in the top five.
Top infotainment channels
History TV18 is emerging as a clear leader, beating Discovery Channel on most occasions.
History TV18 mopped up 4.99 million weekly impressions, improving its previous week’s score of 4.60 million impressions.
NGC and Nat Geo Wild rose a rank each while Animal Planet slipped two places to be at No. 5 in Week 18.
Top English entertainment channels
Zee Café stood as the No. 1 channel once again, this time with a score of 332,000 weekly impressions.
FX went up a rank to be at No. 2 while AXN followed behind with an improvement of two positions.
Star World entered the top five while Colors Infinity SD dropped a rank.
Top kids channels
There was no change in the pecking order of kids channels, with Nick sitting at the top.