- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Movies Now dislodges Star Movies from top spot
MUMBAI: For some time, there has been a fight going on for the top spot in the English movie genre. According to BARC data for the week ended 8 July, Movies Now took back the top spot from Star Movies.
The other channels retained their positions.
Top 5 movies
‘Fast and Furious 7’ on Sony Pix was the most-watched English movie. ‘Men in Black 3’ (Movies Now) was the second-ranked movie of the week, followed by ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ (Star Movies).
English entertainment channels
In English entertainment, Star World took the top spot, pushing Zee Cafe to the second place.The other positions remained unaltered.
Discovery maintained leadership in the infotainment genre. History TV18 slipped two notches to No. 4.
National Geographic Channel and Animal Planet each moved up a spot to be second and third respectively. Nat Geo Wild stayed in the fifth spot.
While Nick stayed at the top in the kids genre, it was a bad week for Disney as it fell to No. 5 from No. 2 last week.
Cartoon Network rose by two spots to be second. Hungama continued to be in the third spot. Pogo, meanwhile, moved up a spot to be No. 4.