- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Movies Now bests Star Movies for the top spot
MUMBAI: Movies Now usurped Star Movies’ position at the top in a week that saw English movie channels gain in viewership.
Star Movies and Sony Pix dropped a place each, while Zee Studio made it to the top five in the week ended 27 January. HBO, meanwhile, retained its position at No. 5.
Top 5 movies
Movies Now had three of its movie screenings in the top five while Star Movies had two.
Top English entertainment channels
There was no change in the English entertainment genre except for the swapping of positions between AXN and Zee Cafe.
Star World and Comedy Central occupied the top two positions, according to BARC data for the week ended 27 January.
Top infotainment channels
The pecking order of the English infotainment channels remained unaltered, with Discovery Channel staying ahead of the pack.
Top kids channels
Pogo ousted Hungama to occupy the third spot. The rest of the positions remained unchanged from the previous week, with Nick being the genre leader.