- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Movies Now and Comedy Central occupy top spot in their genres
MUMBAI: Movies Now took back the top position in the English movie genre, according to BARC data for the week ended 12 August 2016.
Star Movies slipped to the second spot while Pix maintained its position as No. 3. HBO and Zee Studio switched positions and were at No. 4 and 5 respectively.
Top 5 movies
Movies Now had four of its movie screenings in the top five list. ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ and ‘The Karate Kid’ were the top two most-watched movies of the week.
English entertainment channels
Comedy Central rose to the top from No. 3 in the previous week while Star World maintained its second spot.
Zee Café slipped from the top to the fourth spot from the top. AXN HD moved out of the top five. AXN, however, rose a spot to No. 3. Rounding out the top five was Colors Infinity.
In infotainment, while Discovery retained the top spot, its sibling Animal Planet rose to No. 2 displacing NGC, which was in the third spot.
History TV18 fell a spot to the fourth place. Nat Geo Wild stayed at No. 5.
Once again, the kids channels swam in static water. Nick was ahead of the rest, followed by Cartoon Network.