- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Movies Now 2 tops English movie genre; Sony BBC Earth enters top 5 list
MUMBAI: English movie channel Movies Now 2 topped BARC India’s list of the top 5 English channels for Week 27.
Movies Now 2 registered a growth of 0.95% with 3.05 million weekly impressions. Moving up three places, the channel overtook Sony Pix to take the top spot.
Sony Pix slipped to the third position with 2.44 million weekly impressions, a drop of 32.31% from the earlier week. Though Movies Now witnessed a drop of 13.45%, it maintained its second spot with 2.62 million weekly impressions.
Star Movies dropped to the fourth position with 2.20 million weekly impressions, whereas HBO stayed at the fifth place with 1.91 million weekly impressions.
Top 5 movies
With ‘Jurassic World’, Sony Pix topped the English movie chart. Two movies—‘Who Am I’ and ‘The 36th Chamber of Shaolin’—on Movies Now 2 grabbed the second and the third place respectively.
HBO’s ‘Rocky III’ entered the list at No. 4 while Movies Now’s ‘Despicable Me 2’ got the fifth spot.
Top 5 English entertainment channels
Comedy Central reclaimed its leading position from Zee Café with 336,000 weekly impressions. Though the channel grabbed its top spot, Comedy Central witnessed a 10.16% drop in impressions over the earlier week
Zee Café slipped to the second position with 308,000 weekly impressions, a drop of 25.06%.
Colors Infinity moved up to the third place with 254,000 weekly impressions, while AXN dropped to the fifth place with 161,000 weekly impressions. Star World stayed at the fourth place with 170,000 weekly impressions.
Top 5 infotainment channels
Sony BBC Earth entered the chart at No. 5 with 2.12 million weekly impressions.
History TV18 stayed at the top with 4.87 million impressions in the week ended 7 July while Discovery Channel remained at the second position with 4.37 million weekly impressions.
NGC and Animal Planet moved up to the third and fourth places with 2.82 million and 2.15 million weekly impressions respectively.
Top 5 kids channels
There was only one change in the kids TV genre. Hungama moved up to the second spot with 89.51 million weekly impressions while Disney Channel dropped to the third spot. The chart otherwise remained unchanged.