- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
MN+ to premiere ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ on 31 Dec
MUMBAI: MN+, the premium HD English movie channel from Times Network, will premiere the biographical drama film ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ on 31 December at 1 pm and 9 pm.
The film tells the story of the first American world chess champion Bobby Fisher and his biggest championship battle at the heights of the Cold War.
Directed by Hollywood stalwart Edward Zwick, ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ is a gritty nail-biting drama that portrays the story of a genius who took the chess world by storm in the second half of the 20th century.
Set against the backdrop of the Cold War, it narrates the tale of the greatest chess match of all time between Russian Grandmaster Boris Spassky (Liev Schreiber) and Bobby Fischer (Tobey Maguire).
Bobby Fischer not only fights the Soviet player, but also battles with his inner demons as he finds himself caught between two superpowers with national glory on the line.
The film draws parallels between sport and politics as the world championship match is a reflection of the simmering political tensions between the USA and Russia.