- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
MN+ showcases director Ridley Scott’s work on ‘Director’s Cut’
MUMBAI: MN+, the premium HD English movie channel from Times Network, is launching a new property titled ‘Director’s Cut’.
‘Director’s Cut’ is the first three-month-long property from MN+ that will celebrate the works of some of the best directors in Hollywood through a month-long spotlight on each director. The initiative starts with Ridley Scott in July, Christopher Nolan in August and Steven Spielberg in September.
The spotlight for this month is the Oscar-winning director Ridley Scott, whose best works will be aired on MN+ starting 9 July, at 9 pm, and on all the following Saturdays in July.
Scott is known for successfully experimenting in different genres like comedy drama, science fiction horror, historical drama, crime thriller and neo-noir films, and has exhibited his brilliant storytelling skills on screen through films like ‘American Gangster’, ‘Black Hawk Down’ and ‘Hannibal’.
‘American Gangster’ is a biographical crime film that embodies a detective’s work to bring down the drug racket of Frank Lucas who smuggles drugs in the country from Far East.
‘Black Hawk Down’ is a war drama that encapsulates the war between US soldiers and heavily armed Somalian militants.
‘Hannibal’ is a sequel to the Academy Awards-winning film ‘The Silence of the Lambs’, in which Hannibal Lecter is a serial killer. In the sequel, a victim of his earlier killings finds Hannibal and makes him the target for revenge.