- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Mipcom to have World Premiere TV screening for Fox TV’s ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’
MUMBAI: Dr Frank-N-Furter will stalk the Croisette this autumn, when 20th Century Fox Television’s two-hour television special of ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ is featured as a Mipcom 2016 World Premiere TV Screening.
The global entertainment content market Mipcom takes place in Cannes, France, from 17-20 October. The World Premiere TV Screening is scheduled for18 October in the Palais des Festivals. The full line-up will be announced over the summer.
The 20th Century Fox made-for-TV reboot of ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ stars Laverne Cox as Dr Frank-N-Furter, Victoria Justice as Janet, Ryan McCartan as Brad, and Adam Lambert as Eddie, the role originally played by Meat Loaf. The new version also sees Tim Curry, the original Frank-N-Furter, return as the show’s criminologist narrator. The cast also includes Annaleigh Ashford, Reeve Carney and Staz Nair.
The 2016 version is a reimagining of the cult classic, which is celebrating 40 years of theatrical distribution – longer than any other film in history.
‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ was first a hit musical on the London stage in 1973, before being turned into a movie directed by Jim Sharman, who co-wrote the film with Richard O’Brien.
The movie premiered in 1975 and has been screening in cities around the world ever since, as new audiences discover its gallery of outrageous characters. The story follows young heartthrobs Brad and Janet when they stray off the highway one night and stumble upon the castle of Dr Frank-N-Furter, a gender-bending mad scientist who is keen to show off his latest creation, Rocky.
“Mipcom 2016 is hosting a record 6 World Premiere TV Screenings, which is a sign that premium content is increasingly driving the industry. We are very excited to be hosting the exclusive premiere of this reboot of one of the most successful movie and stage properties of all time, and proud to be working with such a valuable partner as Fox,” said Reed Midem’s Television Division director Laurine Garaude.