- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Micromax bags BCCI title sponsorship rights for Rs 180 mn
MUMBAI: After its previous failed bids, mobile handset manufacturer Micromax has finally managed to bag the series title sponsorship rights to the BCCI’s international series and domestic tournaments in India.
Micromax submitted a winning bid of Rs 180 million (Rs 18 crore) for the title sponsorship rights for the 2014–15 season involving the lone series against the West Indies.
The BCCI had fixed the base price at Rs 20 million per match which worked out to Rs 180 million for the nine-match series comprising three Tests, five ODIs and a Twenty20.
Micromax was reportedly the lone bidder for the title sponsorship rights, which were previously held by broadcaster Star India. Incidentally, Star had also got the rights at the base price for Rs 20 million per match.
“The BCCI welcomes Micromax Informatics as a partner for the 2014–15 season. The forthcoming series between India and the West Indies will feature some exciting cricket. There will be plenty of action in the domestic competitions as well. We have no doubt that it will be a fruitful association,” said BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel.