- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Michael Grindon to head Legendary Television’s global distribution unit
Grindon will set up a global TV distribution infrastructure which will have a team for selling, marketing and servicing Legendary’s television content on multiple platforms across the globe.
The new division will also look to take on third-party properties. Last year, Legendary had bought Asylum Entertainment, which produces a unscripted cable shows and long-form projects.
Grindon will report to Legendary TV and digital media president Bruce Rosenblum who said, “Legendary is well-positioned and ready to take this next step in the expansion of our global television studio infrastructure, and Michael is the perfect partner to execute on this vision with us. He has successfully operated at the highest levels of the international marketplace and acutely understands the shifting landscape. I’m confident he’ll build a nimble and innovative infrastructure that will enable Legendary to deliver on its promise of producing and distributing quality television content on a worldwide basis.”
Grindon said, “Bruce and his team have very quickly built Legendary into a powerful presence in the television production sector, and I look forward to helping establish a distribution platform that can augment its global presence and brand.
“We are going to build a worldwide TV distribution operation, territory by territory, that balances our experience at the major-studio level with a clear understanding of our client’s needs, in all media, in this rapidly evolving television environment.”
Grindon most recently oversaw Grindon Media, a consulting firm specialising in media distribution and TV production.