- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Michael Bishara is Discovery US SVP, GM OTT, digital syndication
MUMBAI: US infotainment broadcaster Discovery has announced the addition of Michael Bishara as senior VP, GM OTT and digital syndication.
Bishara will lead Discovery’s OTT initiatives as well as the digital businesses for VOD, download to own, home video and short-form video syndication, growing revenue and audiences across the company’s digital portfolio.
“Michael is an accomplished executive whose ‘first in the industry’ experience with early iterations and evolutions of OTT products has provided him with an intimate knowledge of how to develop, launch and optimise a product. We’re thrilled to have him on the team, and are looking forward to engaging even more audiences with our award-winning content in the future,” said Discovery executive VP, GM, Discovery Digital Media Karen Leever to whom Michael reports.
“Discovery Communications is uniquely positioned in digital with its strong portfolio of brands – and consumers’ deep engagement with them. I look forward to working with such an incredible team and am excited by the tremendous opportunity to extend these brands and deliver new experiences while simultaneously driving incremental revenue,” said Bishara.