- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Michael Bishara is Discovery US SVP, GM OTT, digital syndication
MUMBAI: US infotainment broadcaster Discovery has announced the addition of Michael Bishara as senior VP, GM OTT and digital syndication.
Bishara will lead Discovery’s OTT initiatives as well as the digital businesses for VOD, download to own, home video and short-form video syndication, growing revenue and audiences across the company’s digital portfolio.
“Michael is an accomplished executive whose ‘first in the industry’ experience with early iterations and evolutions of OTT products has provided him with an intimate knowledge of how to develop, launch and optimise a product. We’re thrilled to have him on the team, and are looking forward to engaging even more audiences with our award-winning content in the future,” said Discovery executive VP, GM, Discovery Digital Media Karen Leever to whom Michael reports.
“Discovery Communications is uniquely positioned in digital with its strong portfolio of brands – and consumers’ deep engagement with them. I look forward to working with such an incredible team and am excited by the tremendous opportunity to extend these brands and deliver new experiences while simultaneously driving incremental revenue,” said Bishara.